But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”Matthew 28:16-20
Welcome to our website dedicated to bringing together comprehensive information about the churches of Christ in Japan. In the past, finding information about these churches has been a challenging task due to its scattered nature across the internet. Our mission is to simplify this process by creating a centralized resource that provides the latest and most accurate information about the churches in Japan.
Here, you’ll discover a consolidated repository featuring valuable content, including:
- A dedicated section showcasing missionaries actively serving in Japan.
- An interactive map highlighting all known active congregations, equipped with the latest information available.
- Regular updates on church-related news from Japan.
- A Japanese site that contains bible study options
Explore the site to stay informed and connected with the vibrant community of churches of Christ in Japan. Our commitment is to facilitate easy access to essential details, fostering a sense of unity and knowledge within the community.
Who are the churches of Christ?
The churches of Christ are a group of autonomous Christian congregations actively attempting to worship as the early New Testament Christians during the first century AD. There are some general practices that most churches of Christ congregations practice:
- Autonomy of Congregations
- Each congregation is self governing to be lead by Elders with the assistance of Deacons. There is no central authority except for the bible.
- Congregational Worship
- The church practies acapella singing (no instruments), praying, scripture reading, a lesson presented by an evangelist, partaking of Lord’s supper every Sunday, and a time to give back
- Broadly speaking, to be save, people need to hear the gosepl (Romans 10:14-17), Have faith (Romans 5:1-2), Call on His Name (Romans 10:12-13), Repent of your sins (Acts 3:19), Confess in Jesus (Matthew 10:32-33), Be baptized by immersion (Acts 2:38), Hope (Romans 8:24), Obey all that God has commanded (Hebrews 5:9), Do good works (James 2:20-26)
- Men Lead
- Men are to lead the congregation and their home life.
Want to go to Japan?
Missionary, vacation, work – We got you.
Planning a trip can be difficult. We want to help make the process easier by provided some practical tips and tricks that work for us. We’ll also provide additional information for those that want to be missionaries to Japan. We need you!
LATEST NEWS FROM THE MISSIONARIES